Saturday, January 16, 2016

Version 1.2

I will get this thing playable yet... anyway, here's version 1.2 (Same password as 1.1 to unRAR)

http://www.filedropper.com/dolm12

Changes:

Portals now work "Diablo-Style" you can ride them back down from the town
Keyreshka and David's spawn has been changed to prevent them from being too far apart.
Added a "Generate at Start" option under the Configuration, so you can generate all the levels first, then play the game without having to wait.


BUG Fixes:

Appear to have fixed problems with level generation hanging.
Fixed bug where NPC portals could overwrite stairwells.
Special player corpses from orcs had been dummied out, now back in.
Fixed a few background issues on some of the game over graphics.
All cave levels should have reachable exits now.
NPC's now properly removed from town if they die in the dungeon

3 comments:

  1. Well. The Level Gen crashes randomly. At least with pregen I know it beforehand. Of about 10 tries only 2 ran through.

    Expection data:
    System.NullReferenceException
    at RogueLike.Maps.BuildMap(Int32 MaxFail, Exits[] Res, Int32 Depth, Boolean Cave)
    at RogueLike.Form1.StartGameEngine(Boolean NewWorld)

    If this is the same bug as the last version had it is quite a persistant bug...

    Good luck finding it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have reached the Barrier now and I have problems to get it down.

    I have beaten 3 Mages in the 3 levels that branch of the great cavern but the barrier is only faltering. I have not found any other enemies even remotly close to that level. Am I missing something?

    If I am not missing anything it might be important that I defeated the Illusionist before ever entering the Workshop level with the barrier. I suspect a running condition or a counter reset on the official quest start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, found that bug, it crashes due to debug mode being turned on... when I ran it before RARing the game, it apparently didn't trigger the condition that causes the bug.

    Also, the 3 Mages thing is due to me getting too clever with the scripting... that, and a few other issues will be fixed next patch, probably in the next day or so.

    ReplyDelete